Download this content as a PDF: Cookies Statement
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer through your web browser when you visit websites. These small files contain some user-specific information that can be used to improve your experience on our website, as well as allow us to perform analyses of purchase behavior on our website.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
What types of cookies are we using and why are we using them?
We use two types of cookies: functional and tracking ones.
- Functional cookies enable us to improve your experience on the website and remember your choices. For example, when placing an order, your customer information is filled in automatically, or if your booking process is interrupted and you return to our website, the shopping basked will include the items you had in there prior to the interruption.
This cookie is always active except if you expressively ask your browser to not accept cookies.
- Tracking cookies enable us to track your actions on a website to learn behaviors and improve your experience in the future. In particular, we use two tracking cookies for Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- For Google Analytics the data is attached to an anonymized element (not your actual I.P. address which is not anonymous) and then sent to the respective platform for aggregation purpose. We do not extract any further value from the aggregated information.
- Facebook’s Pixel. The Facebook Pixel is a cookie placed on our website to track users as they interact with our website and our Facebook Ads. We are using the Facebook Pixel for two main purposes. First, we use it for Facebook Ad Measurement and Analytics purposes. This means, that by placing the Pixel, we are able to track how many users actually clicked on our ads and ended up, for example, purchasing one of our products or subscribing to our newsletter. This is referred to as conversion tracking. The second purpose is to customize our ad messaging on Facebook. By analyzing the purchasing behavior of clients that visit our website, the Pixel enables us to build a customer profile, which can in turn be used to optimize our target audience. This is referred to as (re-) targeting or audience optimization. Similar to Google Analytics, the data is fully anonymized and aggregated by Facebook.
Details about the cookies on our website:
The cookies on our website:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket (functional)
- Remember where you are in the order process (functional)
- Remember what city you have selected to tailor the website to your need (functional)
- Remember that you are logged in (functional)
- Track your behavior on our website (path on the website [which pages] and view duration of each pages) (tracking)
- Track which device and operating system you use to check our website (tracking)
- Track which browser you use to check our website (tracking)
- Track which network provider you are using to connect to our website (tracking)
- Track the HTTP headers which are a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the internet (tracking)
- Track any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons, any pages visited as a result of the button clicks, and potentially some data on the page before the click (tracking)